M8A1: Final Exam
Your final exam will address the following outcomes:
· Synthesize your understanding of the history of World War I in a Final Examination, including its causes and effects, and its importance in global history.
· Your Final Exam will consist of five (5) essay questions drawn from the content covered during this course. You must answer all five (5) essay questions. Each answer should be approximately 300-500 words in length.
You should properly cite all your sources using proper APA or Chicago style, including the textbook and any other sources you may use. It is suggested that you write or print out the essay questions for handy reference as you develop your responses.
Remember, you must answer each of the following five (5) questions:
1. How did ethnic nationalism and imperial ambition combine to transform an assassination in the Balkans into a global conflict?
2. How did new technology change the nature of warfare in the early 20th century? Provide specific examples.
3. What made the Great War a global conflict, and how did it affect people outside of Europe? Provide specific examples.
4. Why was 1917 a pivotal year for both Germany and the Allies? Be as specific as possible.
5. Why was Germany punished much more harshly after the war than Austria or Hungary? What were the consequences of that decision?
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. This course has Turnitin® fully integrated into the course dropbox. Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers.