MLK Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community Thought Question
Please answer three of the questions below. Please select at least one question each of the three readings. Please answer each question as thoroughly and in as much detail as possible. Each answer should be at least 5 sentences in length. Be sure to use your own words.
“Racism and the White Backlash”
- In MLK’s view, What is racism? What are the roots of slavery?
- In MLK’s view, what are the causes of blacks’ deprivation and poverty in America?
- In MLK’s view, what accounts for the development of white supremacy?
- What is MLK’s view of freedom? What are the components that he outlines that make a person free?
- What does MLK say about blacks leading their own organizations? What does he believe should be the role of whites in the movement?
Where Are We Going”
- In King’s view, what are the causes of poverty?
- What are the programmatic outlines to eliminate poverty in the US?
- What is King’s view of government?
- What does King say about education and social action? What role does King believe ordinary people have in making social change?
The World House”
- What is MLK’s view of capitalism?
- MLK discusses the need for a “revolution in values”. What are the values and the revolution he is referring to? Explain.
- Why does MLK believe that eradicating poverty is a global issue? How does he justify that we should be concerned about the plight of people outside our own immediate community?