Kelvin is considering buying shares in a company. Kelvin asks you to explain to him what is meant by
the term? ?member? and shareholder?? and the different ?a?? in which a person may become a
member. He also asks you to explain who may be eligible to become a member, and how many
members a company is permitted to have? Finall?? Kelvin ask? ?How does a person cease to be a
member of a company??
Assessment Task ʹ Tutorial Questions Assignment 2
Unit Code: HA3021
Unit Name: Corporations Law
Assignment: Tutorial Questions Assignment 2
This assignment is designed to assess
Purpose:your level of knowledge of the key topics covered in this unit.
Unit Learning Outcomes Assessed:
1. Discuss the foundations of Australian Corporations Law and constitutional aspects and
2. Apply legal principles to real case situations in the context of different types of business
organizations and the legal issues that arise in day to day business.
3. Analyse the incorporation process and characteristics of corporate legal personality.
4. Demonstrate the legal principles for managing a companǇ in parƚicƵlar ƚhe companǇ͛Ɛ
relationship with others.
5. Critically analyse the concept of corporate internal rules and management.
6. Analyse the role and responsibility of directors and members in the management of the
7. Analyse the inƚeracƚion beƚween memberƐ͛ righƚƐ͕ direcƚorƐ͛ dƵƚieƐ and corporaƚe
8. Analyse the procedures regarding external administration and winding up.
9. Identify and analyse legal issues arising from the administration of a company.
Each week students were provided with three tutorial questions of varying degrees of difficulty. These
tutorial questions are available in the Tutorial Folder for each week on Blackboard. The Interactive
Tutorials are designed to assist students with the process, skills and knowledge to answer the provided
tutorial questions. Your task is to answer a selection of tutorial questions for weeks 6 to 10 inclusive
and submit these answers in a single document.