Session 1, 2020
Ethical case Stud
Department of Management
Ethical Case Study
There are many issues that are today considered critical for the modern organisation. Some of these issues – environmental responsibilities, OH&S and social justice are still finding their way into corporate policy. In some cases, the choices you make in seeking an employer of choice, will be driven by the ethical behaviour of the organisation/s you have chosen to target.
With additional topic research, and using Timberland and their Case Study available on iLearn as the basis of your initial review, write 1,400-1,800 words on the values that Timberland have embraced, and what your charter would include when you become the CEO of a large corporation.
You are also expected to compare at least two (2) additional organisations and their behaviours in this area.
This assignment is worth 40% of your final grade.
Case Study Marking Guide
Student Name ……………………………………… Student ID: …………………………………..
|Structure of content||Document is exceptionally clear with easy to read flow of information||Document is clear with easy to read flow of information||Document is clear but lacks continuity of idea flow||Document is not easy to follow however components are covered||Document is poorly structured with little cohesion from one area to the next||10|
|Depth of analysis on topic||Level and depth of reflection to a very high standard in addressing key questions including additional research||Level and depth of reflection to a high standard in addressing key questions with some research evident||Level and depth of reflection to a good standard in addressing key questions||Level and depth of reflection to a satisfactory standard in addressing key questions||Limited level and depth of reflection in addressing key questions||30|
|Future CEO Planning||Substantial detail listed including innovative ideas||Substantial details provided||Some details provided||Minimal details||Poor detail||30|
|Comparison of alternate organisations||Comparisons reflect substantial areas of variance||Comparisons highlight some areas of variance||Effort made to highlight variances||Minimal effort at comparison||No comparisons||20|
|Grammar, spelling & presentation||Excellent professional presentation with no errors of spelling or grammar||Good quality professional presentation with maximum of 1 error of spelling or grammar||Good quality professional presentation with maximum of 3 error of spelling or grammar||Average quality presentation with errors of spelling and grammar||Poor quality presentation with errors of spelling and grammar||10|
General Standards As Applied To This Assignment
|The student demonstrates the competencies in Distinction standard and in addition demonstrates;
· Insightful and comprehensive identification and discussion of key trends concerning the specialist topic. Advanced understanding of the relevant theory related leading to defensible generalizations.
· Demonstrates capacity to use new insights to critically appraise ideas and arguments, draws well-supported conclusions, and applies relevant theory.
· Uses creative examples, possible extensions, and applications of theory.
· The work has been well written with perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation.
|The student demonstrates the competencies in Credit standard and in addition;
· Demonstrates selectivity and uses judgment in determining the importance of key trends and ideas.
· Shows evidence of wide reading and synthesis of ideas.
· Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the relevant trends and issues
· The work has been written and presented to a high academic standard,
|The student demonstrates the competencies in Pass standard, and in addition;
· Demonstrates the understanding of key trends, and issues.
· Demonstrates a sound capacity to appraise ideas and arguments, to draw satisfactory conclusions
· May sometimes lapse into description rather than providing analysis and evaluation.
· Provides a satisfactorily structured, work which is clearly written and grammatically accurate in terms of spelling. Some significant improvements needed
|The student demonstrates the following;
· Most of the key concepts and issues in the topic are identified and discussed. Conveys a basic understanding of the relevant trends and issues
· The work demonstrates a satisfactory capacity to appraise ideas and arguments.
· The work provides little or no evidence of critical analysis and may simply restate or describe. The work is not synthesized or integrated and lacks depth of analysis.
· May demonstrate a narrow focus.
· The work is presented with sufficient coherence and clarity for the reader to understand the ideas and arguments being proposed. Improvements to writing such as structure, grammar and referencing are required Argument/discussion has some flaws.
|The student may demonstrate some or all of the following;
· Has not identified key trends concerning the specialist topic. Conveys little evidence of understanding of relevant issues.
· Demonstrates a failure to identify the issues and trends.
· The work demonstrates little understanding or appreciation of standards required for academic writing. Improvements in terms of clarity, grammar, spelling, quotations, referencing or presentation are required to achieve an acceptable standard.
· Argument/discussion is fundamentally flawed.
· Assessment is not handed in on time.
The Skills and Capabilities Audit Tool was developed by Dr Theresa Winchester-Seeto from the Macquarie University Learning and Teaching Centre 2012.