- Identify and discuss the methods of project planning and project control that can be used.
- Construct a network schedule for the project, will the project be able to be completed by the May 20 deadline?
- How long will it take and what is the critical path for the project?
- Based on the schedule would you recommend that Interactive Software Ltd pursue this contact? Why?
- What steps might be taken to improve the timing schedule if the project were required to be completed in 100 days earlier?
Include a Gantt chart for the project schedule.
Higher marks awarded if done using appropriate software and correct with no errors. Higher marks are awarded using the software Microsoft Project.
- What are the estimated costs of the deliverables? What weaknesses are inherent in this estimating approach? Develop a proper project budget. Justify your choices and estimates. The best and most thorough way to do this is to start with your WBS task hierarchy (task 2) and go down each task and make an estimate of labour hours and direct costs (e.g., travel expenses, equipment costs, etc.) associated with that task. The best tool to use is Microsoft Project ,however a spreadsheet like Excel can also be used .? You will need to set “billable rates” for your project team members (identified in task 3) and make estimates for direct expenses (purchase of equipment or software, travel expenses, etc.) that are likely to be needed for this project. Take some time to apply some formatting to make the budget presentation attractive and easy to read (apply appropriate fonts types, spacing, borders, etc.). Higher marks are awarded using the software Microsoft Project.
- What project management methodologies can be used for implementing this project successfully?