For this paper assignment, you will produce and submit an 8 – 10 page paper on the Theory of Constraints and Supply Chain Management and include a detailed summary of the novel,The Goal.
- Describe your understanding of the three measurements (operational expense, throughput, and inventory) that Jonah defined to Alex and explain how Jonah related these three measurements in the “Goal”.
- Describe your understanding of DBR and provide examples.
- The team identified the bottlenecks in their facility. Explain how they achieved this.
- Explain your understanding of the steps in the process of on-going improvement and describe how the team defined the process of on-going improvement in the “Goal”.
- Explain how TOC focuses on entire system management instead of subsystems isolation and how it applies to supply chain management.
- Identify and describe a project in your current or past organization where TOC principles can be applied (1-2 pages).
Your paper will be evaluated based on the following criteria in conjunction with the evaluation rubric:
- How well the summary is written, specifically addressing the 6 requirements above.
- Quality and depth of content by demonstrating the understanding of the topic including its need, benefits, implementation challenges, real world examples, and best practices.
- Organization of the report.
- Overall format, i.e., typed, use of page numbers, title page, abstract, table of contents, introduction, body, conclusion, appropriate labels on figures, tables, etc.
- Use of correct grammar and evidence of proof-reading (i.e., absence of spelling errors); overall formatting (i.e., Times New roman font, 12-pt, double-spaced); and meeting total page requirements.
- Variety and documentation of references used. Format for citations and references must follow current APA format.