You have been employed as a Hospitality consultant at Hotel Ambassdor located at Kathmandu, Nepal.
The general manager of the hotel is planning to prepare a portfolio of various staffs working in different
departments of the hotel. Having considered four major departments – Front office, Housekeeping, Kitchen
and service, the manager asks you to prepare a structured report which includes:
1. Investigation of range of different operational roles and review of the skills gaps within the
2. Examine the skills required for roles and current skills shortages within the hospitality industry.
You are working as hospitality researcher and reporter from last two years. You have travelled many
places in your country and have studied about tourism and hospitality industry and its impact in local
living. Recently a national magazine has approached you and wants to publish your article in their paper.
The editor wants you to prepare an article which provides the following information:
1. Brief information on impacts of the political, economic, social, technological, legislative and
environmental factors that affect the development of organizations operating within the hospitality
2. Critically evaluate how external factors impact on current and potential trends and developments in
the hospitality industry using specific examples to demonstrate how the industry has developed in
3. A SWOT analysis of selected hospitality business and its impact in decision-making process.
4. A critical evaluation on impact of external factors on potential trends and developments in the
hospitality industry. Use specific examples to show how the industry has developed in response.
5. Implications of current and potential trends in the hospitality industry
6. An evaluation on the ability of a specific hospitality business to develop products and services to
meet current trends.