See course schedule for tentative dates.
Human Growth & Development (PSY 2070):
“Lot in My Life” Writing Assignment (100 pts) & Group Presentation (30 pts)
Students will pick, randomly, a development era of their lives. This may be past, present or future. If it is the past first, you will need to interview a family member to tell you about that era and supply anything you may remember that stands out. Write how your present has been shaped because of the past and what you desire for your future. If it is the present first, discuss your current state, how the past has shaped this state and what you desire for the future. If it is the future first, discuss what you desire for the future and how your past and present have shaped your decisions.
In hindsight or foresight, there are major events that may have shaped our behavior and environment (e.g. Dr. King’s dream, the evolution of Rock and Roll and Hip Hop, Hurricane Katrina, September 11th, the evolution of technology, the 2008 & 2012 Presidential Election of Barack Obama, the 2016 Presidential Election of Donald Trump, the 2017 Women’s March, etc.). Explain how have or will these events or things impact your life.
In the paper you should use the following resources:
1) a news or magazine article of relevance
2) relevant theoretical support that is captured in your specific era (age/development)
3) more detail about the era you have chosen (i.e. theoretical framework)
4) a vision statement for your desired future
5) should clearly indicate how major events have impacted the course of your life
The paper should be in APA Style with at least 10 citations (5 from the book, 5 from other sources, with a max of 2 web sources (not wikis)). It should be 2-3 pages double spaced, times new roman (standard APA format). Should have a cover page and a reference page (not included in the 2-3 pages). Further instructions and a rubric will be provided for this assignment.
Purpose of assignment: To measure students’ ability to:
(1) Explain a life span development event, or issue (i.e., child rearing practices, marital considerations, elder care, dementia, reproductive technologies, healthcare policies);
(2) Apply the concepts and major theoretical approaches to the assigned case in resolving a life span development situation, i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma;
(3) Use research to evaluate and distinguish the influences of heredity, environmental context and cultural values in their case scenario;
(4) Apply ethical principles to “best” resolve or alleviate the problem in their assigned case;
(5) Use information literacy skills to locate appropriate research and other relevant community resources and materials to create an informative class presentation.
Directions: You are responsible for producing a research paper that include the following elements:
1. Discuss at least one major theoretical approach to explaining and resolving the life span development situation (i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma).
2. Share the research findings from one professional journal article, one national organization Website, one governmental agency, and one additional source to reference in the presentation. References must be done APA style.
3. Discuss the research method used in the journal article to study the condition.
4. Discuss your individual recommendations that you believe will best resolve/alleviate this condition based on research and the ethics and values as expressed in the “standard of care” practiced in this community.
5. Discuss the impact of this condition on the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development of those affected by this condition.
6. Identify local community resources, and or national resources, such as phone numbers and contact information, and program details that are available to support an individual or family in your “lot in life” situation.
• Your spouse of fourteen years says he wants a divorce because he no longer loves you. He wants to start a “new life” with his student.
• Your spouse of twenty nine years says she wants a divorce because she is a lesbian and she can no longer pretend to be a “good wife and mother.”
• Your 7-year-old son has been diagnosed with ADHD.
• Your sweetheart is of a different race and culture. Your parents do not approve of the upcoming marriage.
• Your fourteen year-old son/daughter wants to begin preparation for gender reassignment surgery.
• Your partner has been diagnosed with colon cancer
• Your partner has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
• Your child was born normal, but at age 3 he has been diagnosed as having autism.
• You and your spouse are 4 months into your first pregnancy and you learn you are having quadruplets
• You and your spouse of ten years are having difficulty conceiving a child. You both desperately want to have a biological offspring.
• Your 17-year-old son has been arrested for a DWI last Saturday night on the Beltway.
• Your 65-year-old mother/father was recently diagnosed with dementia.
• Your baby’s father is no longer paying you the monthly non-court ordered amount he agreed to pay you after your baby was born.
• You are pregnant. You have been living with your boyfriend for the past 7 months, but you are not sure about your baby’s paternity.
• Your 17 year –old son/daughter wants to carry a gun to college this fall because he is fearful of being shot on campus by a random shooter.
PSY2070 Lot in Life Assignment.docx
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post . Discuss at least one major theoretical approach to explaining and resolving the life span development situation (i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psychosocial change or trauma, or a moral dilemma). appeared first on Coursework Research.