Please make sure you first read the Module 1: Discussion 1: Guide and Directions, this guide explains how to review and leverage the readings and videos to support your posting.
1. For the Reading Toro (2019) Chapter 2 History:
What 3 specific points in the chapter created an emotional reaction in you? Explain those points, describe your reaction, and tell us why you had that reaction.
2. For the videos; Ph.D. in Community Psychology Student at NLU, and Defining Community Psychology with Examples of Applied Research, and the SCRA website.
What did you learn from these resources that you didn’t know from reading the text about. Be sure to provide one point from each of the sources; be specific.
What community psychology is?
What community psychologists do?
3. For the video, The Caravan: A collective expression in favor of children’s right to play:
Describe the social issue and the community intervention to address it (How does the community address this social issue?
Which of the 7 core values of community psychology does/do the intervention address?
Explain.1000 words for a News Article Review and Critique. Topics and examples are attached. (CHOOSE ONE ARTICLE ONLY)
• Read relevant literature on the mental health topic (e.g., a particular disorder) to ensure you have a good understanding of relevant (i) biological, (ii) psychological, (iii) social, and (iv) ethical considerations pertaining to this topic.
• When reading this literature, consider how effectively (or ineffectively) the article covers the domains relevant to a biopsychosocial perspective, and the principles relevant to the APS Code of Ethics.
• Write a 1000-word Review and Critique that critiques the news article, drawing on relevant literature to back up your arguments (using APA7 style of referencing).
• At the end of the critique, in addition to the 1000 word review/critique, provide a minimum of 4 dot-points of suggested changes to the news article based on your review, in order to improve the use of evidence and the ethical portrayal of mental health issues. Note that the critique should be mindful of the purpose of a news article i.e., to communicate with a layaudience, and is therefore not meant to be a scholarly article. Try to think about what overall message the news article is creating about the mental health issue it covers, and what are some of the ways that this overall message could be improved by changes within the article. These dot-points are not included in your 1000 words.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post • Read relevant literature on the mental health topic (e.g., a particular disorder) to ensure you have a good understanding of relevant (i) biological, (ii) psychological, (iii) social, and (iv) ethical considerations pertaining to this topic. appeared first on Coursework Research.